Assistant Property Manager
The North Charleston Housing Authority is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Property Manager. This position is responsible for providing administrative and office management functions to one or more Property Managers involving a considerable scope of responsibility in terms of property and program management at one or more multi-family properties located in North Charleston, SC.
- Manages the daily routine of running the office, receiving and distributing mail, taking messages, collecting, organizing and classifying data and filing, and retrieving transactions or information.
- All duties involved with maintaining the application process.
- Collect security deposits, prepare leasing documents, and schedule move-in appointments for Property Management.
- Collects rent, conducts lease renewals and maintains electronic resident files.
- All duties involved maintaining annual recertification of income and family composition.
- Prepares correspondence letters, leases, notices, etc., for the Property Manager's signature.
- Utilizes computer-driven software and PHA software.
- Answers and screens telephone calls.
- Arranges and schedule meetings, appointments, and other functions.
- Assist Property Manager with ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations for the RAD PBV program and the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program.
- High School Diploma required (concentrating in a business curriculum), including or supplemented by two years of post-high school coursework in office management.
- Three (3) years to four years of experience in general administrative work; or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- Must be able to obtain certification in LIHTC Certification, RAD PBV Specialist and/or HCV and PBV Rent Calculation, HCV Specialist and in no more than two attempts, within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Minor levels of physically demanding effort characterized by lifting and hauling of loads (under 25 pounds).
- Strong communication skills and basic use of office equipment and software.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, maintain a driving record acceptable to the Authority and its insurance carrier and have access to a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, criminal background check, and reference check.
Please email to receive the full job description.
The salary is $46,000.00, plus an excellent benefits package.
Submit cover letter, resume, professional references, and salary requirements to:
North Charleston Housing Authority, Attn: Quiana Abney, Director of Administrative Services/HR, via email
(Please type "Assistant Property Manager" in the Subject line)
No faxes, no phone calls, or emails for status.
Position open until filled.