HCV Client Specialist
The North Charleston Housing Authority is seeking qualified applicants for the position of HCV Client Specialist. This position is responsible for providing technical work involving the coordination, implementation, and monitoring of Housing Choice Voucher tenant and landlord processes of the NCHA's HCV rental assistance program.
- Maintain a professional image and attitude in keeping the mission, principles, and values of the agency as well as residents' welfare.
- Performs complex mathematical computations, determines appropriate codes for recording various transactions or documents to determine tenants potion of rent.
- Acts as a liaison; negotiates rent amount between landlord and tenant.
- Performs annual and interim changes from clients on income level and family composition to adjust rent in accordance with established procedures, including entering information int computer, etc.
- Performs home visits to accommodate handicapped and disabled individuals.
- Prepares and or processes various records and reports, including income, data monthly reports, interims, contracts, HAP contracts, recertification letter, and termination letters.
- Operates a variety of office equipment such as computer, calculator, telephone, printer, copy machine, fax machine.
- Interacts and communicates with various groups and individuals such as the Department Head, landlords, tenants, Social Service Agency, employers, utility companies, and the general public.
- Arranges and schedules meetings, appointments, and other functions.
- Attainment of the knowledge equivalent of an Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred; and two years of practical work experience in a position involving significant public contact work; or any equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- Must obtain certification as a Housing Choice Voucher Specialist and must pass all three areas, Occupancy, Eligibility and Rent Calculation, in no more than two attempts, within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Minor levels of physically demanding effort characterized by lifting and hauling of loads (under 25 pounds).
- Neat, clean and appropriate appearance.
- Strong communication skills and basic use of office equipment and software.
- Must possess valid driver's license, maintain a driving record acceptable to the Authority and its insurance carrier and have access to a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, criminal background check and reference check.
Please email to receive full job description.
Position hourly range is $17-$19, plus an excellent benefit package. Submit cover letter, resume, professional references to:
North Charleston Housing Authority, Attn: Quiana Abney, Director of Administrative Services/HR, via email
(Please type "HCV ClientSpecialist" in Subject line)
No faxes, no phone callsor emails for status. Position open until filled.