The North Charleston Housing Authority is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Property Manager. This position is responsible for managing one or more multi-family properties located in North Charleston, SC.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementation and administration of policies and procedures to ensure the property is managed and maintained in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Eligibility, leasing, lease enforcement, eviction, unit inspections, budget preparation, rent re-recertification activities, resident problem resolution, filing evictions, maintenance, grounds care, and the general appearance and functionality of the property.
- If applicable, hire, train, and supervise site staff.
- High School Diploma required
- A four-year college degree from an accredited institution required. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
- Three (3) years' experience in supervisory in all site operations including tenant selection, recertifications, rentals, vacancy preparation, rent collection, resident relations marketing and site maintenance required.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years of property management experience, preferably in affordable housing industry, including Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) and RAD Project-Based Voucher (PBV).
- Must be able to obtain certification in LIHTC Certification, RAD PBV Specialist and/or HCV and PBV Rent Calculation, HCV Specialist and in no more than two attempts, within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must be able to sign leases in the state of South Carolina (must possess required certification).
- Ability to be flexible and perform work under time pressure. Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to property management.
- Basic knowledge of building maintenance, fire prevention and liability reduction principles Minor levels of physically demanding effort characterized by lifting and hauling of loads (under 25 pounds).
- Strong communication skills and basic use of office equipment and software.
- Must possess a valid driver's license, maintain a driving record acceptable to the Authority and its insurance carrier and have access to a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, criminal background check and reference check.
Please email to receive the full job description.
North Charleston Housing Authority offers an excellent benefit package.
Salary range is $42,000-$50,000.
Please submit cover letter, resume and professional references to:
North Charleston Housing Authority via Email
Attn: Quiana Abney, Director of Administrative Services/HR,
(Please type "Property Manager" in Subject line)
No faxes, no phone calls or emails for status.
Position open until filled. EOE