The North Charleston Housing Authority is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Regional Manager. This position is responsible for managerial work planning, directing, and reviewing operations of properties within the North Charleston Renaissance (NCR) portfolio. These programs include Tax Credit Program, RAD PBV Program, Public Housing Program, Housing Voucher Program (Section 8), special programs defined within the annual plan and other federal, state, and local affordable housing programs. This position is in North Charleston, SC.
- Ensuring that all property management personnel are fully supported, trained, adhering to the Housing Authority operational, and compliance procedures.
- Directs the operation of affordable housing properties in the assigned portfolio, sets property performance, financial and maintenance goals; tracks and evaluates leasing rates, operational, financial and related property management issues through review of records and reports and meetings with staff.
- Reviews and evaluates budgets for assigned properties; recommends or denies expenses; monitors performance of rent collections and complaint handling.
- Reviews operations and makes recommendations for improvement or changes accordingly.
- Demonstrates continuous efforts to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Plans, organizes, manages, reviews, and assigns the work of property managers; plans, coordinates, trains and arranges appropriate training for staff.
- Interviews and selects employees and, when necessary, recommends reassignment, termination, and disciplinary action.
- Maintain high occupancy level of 98% or higher at each community through effective team motivation, keeping informed of waitlist conditions, and advertising following the Fair Housing Marketing plan.
- Set foals for the onsite team.
- Provide financial oversight of the properties, including drafting operating budgets, 5-year capital improvement plans, and monitoring monthly financials to assess performance against budgets. Act swiftly to address budget variances exceeding 5%.
- May be required to work during inclement weather or holidays when offices are closed.
- Travel between property sites for on-site presence, inspections, and reviews.
- Fills in for property managers on extended leave; directs daily operations of property staff during such time.
- Bachelor's degree preferable with an emphasis on public administration, public policy, urban studies, or related field. Directly relevant experience will be considered in lieu of the required degree.
- Five to seven years of increasingly responsible housing program policy analyst and administration experience with auditing, training, systems, and quality control responsibilities.
- Must have certification in LIHTC (Section 42) and a minimum of five years of compliance related work experience.
- Must possess or be able to obtain certification in RAD PBV Specialist and/or HCV and PBV Rent Calculation, HCV Specialist and in no more than two attempts, within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Must acquire credentials to be able to sign leases in the State of South Carolina within 6 months of employment.
- Strong communication skills and basic use of office equipment and software.
- Must possess a valid South Carolina driver's license (within 3 months of employment), maintain a driving record acceptable to the Authority and its insurance carrier and have access to a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, criminal background check and reference check.
Please email to receive full job description.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, professional references, and salary requirements to:
North Charleston Housing Authority, Attn: Quiana Abney, Director of Administrative Services/HR, via email
(Please type "Regional Manger" in Subject line)
No faxes, no phone calls or emails for status.
Position open until filled.